Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Former mayor to run for Congress…

A former mayor is running for Congress in Wisconsin. Hank Murphy writes on FlorenceMiningNews.com that the former Mayor of Niagara, Wisconsin Joe Stern is running for the U.S. House of Representatives as an Independent.

Murphy writes Stern will run for the Eighth Congressional District’s seat. Democrat Steve Kagen holds the seat and was first elected in 2006.

Stern was quoted saying, “my success is going to be dependent on a grass roots effort… I can make a run at it, and I don’t think next year’s will be a typical election. I think there is going to be a tremendous backlash and I think it’s going to be a backlash against the established parties.”

Stern called the Obama administration’s claims of jobs created and saved as “laughable.”

The story wraps-up quoting Stern saying, “Neither party is truly serving my interests at this point… I’m not going to run as a Republican, but I’ll be happy to take their money.”

SOURCE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Labels on The Thirds