Monday, October 5, 2009

Washington Times: Doug Hoffman is the barometer for 2010

Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman’s race for special election, to replace new army secretary John M. McHugh, will show both political parties the real effects of the tea party movement. That’s the claim from the Washington Times.

The analysis article written by Kara Rowland starts, “The prospect of a tea-party effect has both parties eyeing next month's special election in upstate New York.” Rowland explains candidate Hoffman’s message as, “simple: no more bailouts, no more tax increases and no more trillion-dollar deficits.”

The article then focus on how endorsements in this race “cut across party lines”. The House Republican leadership, along with the Republican Party's campaign arms, and the liberal-leaning Daily Kos blog are backing Dede Scozzafava. But, the Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman has former Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson, the conservative Club for Growth, and website RedState.com.

The article wraps-up with a quote from the founder of the local Upstate New York Tea Party, Mark Barie. Barie said he loved Hoffman’s response at a town hall meeting with Scozzafava, “Look at me, I am not a politician, I can't do the banter like a seasoned professional can; I'm just like you — I'm a father, I'm a grandfather, I'm a businessman, I'm a CPA, and this doesn't make sense.

SOURCE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Labels on The Thirds

The Thirds Archive